Monday, 22 February 2016

I CAN BRING THE US DOLLAR TO 200NAIRA IFY UBAH

As the nation’s currency exchanges at N400
to the US dollar on Sunday, Billionaire
business mogul has said that if the Buhari-
led federal government consults him, he
could restore the nation’s currency to an
exchange rate of N200 to one US Dollar
within one month.
Speaking on a Channels Television politics
programme on Sunday, billionaire
businessman and the Chairman of Capital Oil
and Gas Services Ltd., Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi
Ubah, has advised the Federal Government
to consult some Nigerians who can halt the
free fall of the Naira which is affecting the
nation’s economy.The Naira currently
exchanges at N400 to the US dollar.
The Publisher of The Authority newspapers,
said that if the President Buhari-le federal
government consults him, he could restore
the nation’s currency to an exchange rate of
N200 to one US Dollar within one month,
thereby arresting the slide in the Naira which
is virtually crippling the economy.
The Chairman of Ifeanyi Ubah Football Club,
however did not say how he was going to
bring the Naira down to an exchange rate of
200 per dollar, but said the government
could seize everything he owns if he failed
to do this within one month, if given the
mandate.
Chief Ubah also affirmed that he was not
involved in any way whatsoever in the $2.3
billion Dasukigate arms deal that involved
the former National Security Adviser, Col
Sambo Dasuki, adding that he was not in­
volved in the politics of contracts and has
never done any government contracts,
whether at the Federal, state or local
government levels.
“I am highly misunderstood, sometimes
controversial. But I have never done any
government contracts. I did not collect any
money from Government; I do not have an
oil block – and I have not asked for one.
“I did not know Dasuki. TAN never received
money from Dasuki or the People’s
Democratic Party. We did what we did in the
interest of the nation and for posterity.
“I’m a politician with a mind-set of making
life worth living for the people, when issues
seem to be getting out of hand. So TAN has
no hand in whatever that has to do with the
arms deal fund.”
He said following the controversies trailing
the #Dasukigate, it has become necessary
for him to extricate himself from allegations
that himself and the non-governmental
organisation, Transformation Ambassadors
of Nigeria (TAN), were in anyway involved in
the sharing of the arms deal money.

No comments:

Post a Comment